[Most Recent Entries]
Below are the 20 most recent journal entries recorded in
[ << Previous 20 ]
[ << Previous 20 ]
|Wednesday, May 5th, 2010|
|Where I am
So, I've been in Florida for about a year and a half. Maybe it's the whole north-south mindset, but I still don't feel right here. I've managed to befriend no one outside of the circle of people that I meet in the cam, and RJ's friends. I'm constantly overheating, and I feel like all the progress I had been making has slipped away and I'm falling back into old habits again.
Hell, even this post shows that my tendency to complain has resurged.
Crap. Current Mood: cranky
|Saturday, November 14th, 2009|
So I'm building a new character. 75% certain carthian, definitely Nos, and I'm leaning towards Galloi.
It's just so odd, I haven't had to build a Requiem character in YEARS, and I've NEVER really had to build a VAMPIRE for Requiem (odd as that is...) Tough getting Aary out of my brain.
|Wednesday, October 7th, 2009|
So, a month into new job... it's pretty much as expected. I need to start planning out things to draw while I'm on the phone to occupy my mind while I'm on auto-pilot, but aside from that it's really not that bad.
That said, two hours and counting till home time today.
|Wednesday, April 8th, 2009|
|Stolen from jesshartley
I've done the things in BOLD print.1. Started your own blog 2. Slept under the stars
3. Played in a band
4. Visited Hawaii5. Watched a meteor shower6. Given more than you could to a charity7. Been to Disneyland 8. Climbed a mountain9. Held a praying mantis
10. Sang a solo11. Made something up to replace a missing question in a meme
12. Visited Paris
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty18. Grown your own vegetables
19. Seen the Mona Lisa20. Traveled by Train21. Had a pillow fight
22. Hitchhiked23. Taken a sick day when you're not ill24. Built a snow fort25. Held a lamb26. Gone skinny dipping
27. Run a marathon
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice29. Seen a total eclipse (solar)30. Watched a sunrise or sunset
31. Hit a home run
32. Been on a cruise
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught yourself a new language
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person39. Gone rock climbing
40. Seen Michelangelo's David41. Sung Karaoke
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. Visited Africa45. Walked on the beach in the moonlight46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had your portrait painted
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling52. Kissed in the rain53. Played in the mud
54. Made up a second question to go with number 11's missing one55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen61. Sold Girl Scout cookies62. Gone whale watching63. Got flowers for no reason
64. Lied on a meme because you were afraid to admit the /complete/ truth publicly65. Didn't do a meme specifically because one or more questions would have been awkward/uncomfortable to answer publicly
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check
68. Flown in a helicopter69. Saved a favorite childhood toy
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten caviar
72. Pieced a quilt73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades75. Been fired from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London77. Broken a bone 78. Been on a speeding motorcycle
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car
83. Walked in Jerusalem84. Had your picture in the newspaper
85. Read the entire Bible
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating88. Had chicken pox
89. Saved someone's life
90. Sat on a jury91. Met someone famous
92. Joined a book club93. Lost a loved one
94. Had a baby
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake97. Been involved in a lawsuit 98. Owned a cell phone 99. Been stung by a bee100. Read an entire book in a day
So I'm pretty much all packed to move into our apartment this weekend...
Except the clothes.
...and the bath stuff...
ok, so we've pretty much just packed the books. eep! Current Mood: crazy
|Monday, December 29th, 2008|
So, change of plans has made it so I'm flying out on the 3rd now. That makes it much much less likely that I'll see people before I get to leave. :-/
|Saturday, December 27th, 2008|
|Time to get packing
Well, I'm moving. What with the eviction and all, and having to be out by the 30th (really more like the 29th, as it's 9AM on the 30th) I'm spending the next few days sorting out my stuff, packing what I want/need in my suitcases and putting the non-essentials back into the crates I have. I'm leaving Boston for greener and warmer pasture... erm... swamp?
Need to be done before the move to Florida:
Pack things I will need for job interviews, necessities, etc.
Find storage space for the things to be shipped down when I'm settled into the place
Sell off things that I don't really need anymore, spare game books and such
It's a shorter list than I thought... huh. Current Mood: hopeful
|Tuesday, December 23rd, 2008|
So, I just got a notice from the court, finally. It's dated the 12th of December, ordering me to pay my landlord within ten days of the date of the notice. It came at 3:45 on the tenth day after the date of the notice. God fucking dammit.
Basically, I have no idea what's happening now. I don't know if this means i'm getting kicked out of the apartment AND pay, or if I can just pay and stay here, or what. :-/ I'm not really sure what I'm doing at this point. Current Mood: morose
|Friday, December 5th, 2008|
- Grab the nearest book.
- Open the book to page 123.
- Find the fifth sentence.
- Post the text of the next 4 sentences on your LJ along with these instructions.
- Don't you dare dig for that "cool" or "intellectual" book in your closet! I know you were thinking about it! Just pick up whatever is closest.
It used to be necessary to insist to college sophomores that Homer was a great poet and not a writer of pseudo-archaic prose. Until now it has been necessary to insist that Beowulf is a great poem - neither a piece of puzzling prose nor a singsong composed by children skipping rope. Raffel has changed that. All one has to do now is to open this Beowulf at any point and begin reading aloud. Current Mood: silly
|Sunday, October 12th, 2008|
|meme? (Stolen from Chainkill)
If you read this, if your eyes are passing over this right now, (even if we don't speak often or ever) please post a comment with a COMPLETELY MADE UP AND FICTIONAL memory of you and me.
It can be anything you want - good or bad - BUT IT HAS TO BE FAKE.
When you're finished, post this little paragraph in your LJ and see what your friends come up with.
|Wednesday, September 10th, 2008|
First day of a new job, in davis square. Posting on my lunch break. I think I'm doing fairly well. It's easy work, but not "drop your brain in the bucket till the end of the day" easy. Just a LOT of calling and leaving voicemails for the most part.
I get to wear pretty much whatever I want. Sweet.
*dance* Current Mood: happy
|Friday, August 8th, 2008|
Whelp, I'm here. Bakersfield, CA. (no, uruz
I didn't burst into flames upon walking into the sun. Guess I'm not gothy enough.)
It's nice here. Still haven't met anyone but some of my step-mother's friends, but it seems like a nice place. Different, but nice. I'm giving it a shot.
|Friday, July 18th, 2008|
|Thursday, July 17th, 2008|
I've been thinking it over and over. Some of you I've talked to about it, and thanks for listening to my flip-flopping and whining without complaint. :) That and your advice both mean a lot to me.
My dad offered to have me move out to Bakersfield, CA to live with him and go to college at the university there. I've been wanting to go back to school for a while, and I'm still not able to find work out here. I mean, this may be one of the only good chances I get to continue my education.
Yes, it would suck severely to have an entire continent between me and everyone that I care about so much who are still on the east coast. Yes, I'd be living with my father, who I've complained about nonstop for years. I know this. But I'm running out of options, and, well... I think it might be for the best.
He wants me to go out there to visit him for a week or so, get a feel for the place before I decide. I'm already about 75% so I think that'd be a good idea.
I hate moving... dammit. Current Mood: depressed
|Thursday, April 24th, 2008|
|Saturday, April 19th, 2008|
|ummmm... I'm bad at updates.
So yes, a conversation I just had 5 seconds ago reminded me that I forgot to post this here.
I'm living in Cambridge now. I managed to get a place to stay with a friend of mine here for a ridiculously good price, and I'm working now, and yeah. I know most people who read this already know this by now, but for those few that I've NOT talked to, here's the update!
Oh, and I'll be moving to Somerville at the end of the month, to a place just outside of Porter Square. Yay convenience! Current Mood: silly
|Wednesday, April 2nd, 2008|
| My Personality
|You rarely get angry and it takes a lot to make you angry, however you experience panic, confusion, and helplessness when under pressure or stress. You tend not to talk much and prefer to let others control the activities of groups. You prefer familiar routines and for things to stay the same. You can tend to feel uncomfortable with change. You will help others if they are in need. If people ask for too much of your time you feel that they are imposing on you, however you feel superior to those around you and sometimes tend to be seen as arrogant by other people. You often say or do the first thing that comes to mind without deliberating alternatives and the probable consequences of those alternatives.|
|Take a Personality Test now or view the full Personality Report.|
|Wednesday, March 19th, 2008|
|Thursday, February 14th, 2008|
|anyone looking for a roomate?
So my mom dropped the bomb the other day. She called me up here and told me that she's not going to be moving at the end of May, as I anticipated. No, she's moving at the end of MARCH. I've switched from looking for stuff in Southbridge to Boston, and I'm in the midst of a great apartment-hunt. I found one place that might work, but it's all the way at the end of the BC green line, plus it's with 4 guys as my housemates. Now, I wouldn't mind this at all, but I'm still on the search. Current Mood: stressed
|Tuesday, February 12th, 2008|
Things that made me laugh on the way here.
1: Not realizing I was in Pennsylvania till I was more than halfway through it.
2: 6 billboards lined up in a row that were for "Jon Raper RVs" (That is just an unfortunate name)
3: AMISH! Up till then, I hadn't seen any Amish in person, and then I saw three couples in one day, all in Ohio. Plus a few buggies. I guess the Amish never travel alone.
4. Hearing someone tell Viagra stories during the 5 hour layover in Chicago. I know it's easier to talk to strangers than friends, but come ON!
5. Seeing the reaction of my "travel buddy" when he realized that I was a vampire gamer. The fact that I'd been taking the same bus as him for over 24 hours was almost forgotten in the moment of "not like me" Wonderful.
6. Kum and Go. ...no, I'm not kidding. There's actually a chain of 7-11 type stores called Kum and Go. Yes, it's meant to be spelled that way, and I don't know if they get all the jokes that that brings up. Current Mood: silly